Awards Will Not Be Presented This Year Due To COVID
The UConn Doctor of Physical Therapy Program requests nominations for the UConn DPT Clinical Instructor of the Year Award. This award is designed to recognize superior contributions from a clinical instructor mentoring UConn DPT students.
- Must be a Clinical Educator at a clinical affiliate of the UConn DPT Program.
- Must show consistent evidence of outstanding clinical care and education of UConn DPT students.
Nominations will be accepted from UConn DPT students, peers, supervisors, Site Coordinators of Clinical Education, and UConn alumni. Email the complete nomination packet (including letters of support) to Jon Rizzo (firstname.lastname@example.org) to nominate an individual. Required documents are listed below.
Required Documents for the Nomination Packet
- A brief cover letter from the primary nominator that clearly states the impact area from selection criteria listed below.
- The nominee’s curriculum vitae/resume.
- Letters of additional support from students who have completed a clinical experience with the nominee. (no more than two)
- Additional supporting documentation that will assist the selection committee in evaluating the nominee’s suitability for an award (i.e. Student Clinical Instructor evaluation)
Nomination packets are due by February 1st each year.
Candidates will be evaluated on the basis of demonstrated excellence and lasting impact in one or more of the following areas:
- Clinical expertise in his or her clinical education setting.
- Consistent commitment to students in the delivery of health care clinical education.
- Creativity or innovation in health care clinical education.
The Awards Committee will review all nominee materials. Recipients will be notified March 1, 2021 and recognized at the UConn DPT Graduation Pinning Ceremony in May 2021.
Please submit all questions about the nomination process to Laurie Devaney at email@example.com.